Online GCSE English Language | 100% Videos | Live Classes
Online English Language GCSE
About the GCSE English Language
Our online GCSE English Language course will develop the skills you need to read fluently and with good understanding, write effectively and coherently using Standard English appropriately, acquiring and applying a wide vocabulary, alongside a knowledge and understanding of linguistic conventions for reading and writing. You will see your skills and knowledge improving week by week. English is a core subject at school, which is very worthwhile studying at least up to GCSE level. The vast majority of university degrees require you to have gained a qualification in GCSE English Language with grade between 9 to 4 in order to consider you for admission.
Studying the curriculum of AQA GCSE English Language is an appropriate qualification for distance learning in terms of teaching and receiving education and taking the formal examinations. Once you have completed your course, you will have prepared yourself to attend an external formal examinations in any AQA approved examination centers across the UK. if you are living outside the UK, we recommend checking with the nearest British Council branch to you if they offer AQA exams (many of them provide).
Accreditation and Course Code
The course prepares you to sit for AQA examination on the GCSE English Language at any AQA approved examination center across the UK. If you are living outside the UK then you may check with the nearest British Council branch to you if they offer AQA exams (many provides). The full name of the qualifications is:
AQA GCSE in English Language (Exam Code: 8700)
The qualification will be graded on a nine-point scale: 1 to 9 – where 9 is the best grade. Students who fail to reach the minimum standard for grade 1 will be recorded as U (unclassified) and will not receive a qualification certificate.
Academic requirements: You don't need any previous qualifications to enrol in any of our GCSE courses although the course is most suitable for applicants who has studied KS3, grade 8 or equivalent.
English Language requirement: If your first language is English then you may skip this section.
If your first language is Not English and you wish to enrol in our GCSE courses then you are required to take our free online English proficiency test, just follow the on-screen instructions to the end. To take the English proficiency test please click here.
Succeeding in our online GCSE English Language course gives the student the opportunity to progress to AS-level in English Language, English Language literature, or any related subjects.
The second option is to add it together with another four GCSE subjects to qualify you to meet the admission criteria of most of British universities to direct entry to Foundation-year (the number of GCSE subjects depends on each university requirements). GCSE English Language qualification allows you to progress smoothly to university degrees and various career areas including journalism, law, marketing, business, consultancy, teaching, linguistics, foreign languages, media, nursing and many other related disciplines then knowledge of chemistry is essential.
The course is designed to prepare students for the AQA examination in the GCSE English Language qualification, course code 8700. Topics you will learn in your GCSE English Language course including:
1 Explorations in creative reading and writing
- Reading a literature fiction text in order to consider how established your use narrative and descriptive techniques to capture the interest of readers
- Writing your own creative text, inspired by the topic to demonstrate your narrative and descriptive skills in response to a written prompt, scenario or visual image.
2 Writers’ viewpoints and perspectives
- Reading two linked sources from different time periods and genres in order to consider how each presents a perspective or viewpoint to influence the reader
- Producing your text to a specified audience, purpose and form in which you give your own perspective on the theme.
3 Non-exam assessment
- Giving a presentation in a formal context
- Responding appropriately to questions and to feedback, asking questions yourself to elicit clarification
- Using spoken Standard English.
Duration of the Course
The duration of any of our GCSE courses is 16 months, however, student has the flexibility to finish it earlier. Each GCSE course would need approximately 300 study hours for each course; hence you may estimate the time needed for completing your course as below:
- For 16 months study plan: you would need 5 hours a week per each GCSE subject.
- For 12 months study plan: you would need 7 hours a week per 1 subject.
- For 9 months study plan: you would need about 10 hours a week per 1 subject.
For each of the cases above we have allowed for 8 weeks revision period before the exam which we strongly recommend in order to revise and practice past exams papers. Other factors to be taken into considerations when thinking of the duration needed to complete your course are things such as the number of subjects you study concurrently whether you are employed or fully dedicated to studying the courses, your initial English language skills in reading and writing and other life commitments.
It is very important for you to know that your formal exams are externally assessed; that means you won’t be examined by OBA when you complete your study but by the examiner board i.e. by AQA for this course. The marks you achieve in your formal exams counts by 100% toward your qualifications while the ongoing internal exams you take with OBA do not contribute towards your qualification marks.
Where Do I Take My Formal Exams After I Finish My Course?
In any approved Exams Centres including the following:
1) For AQA Approved Exams Centres in the UK: to find AQA exam centre nearby you please follow this link here
2) For Students Living Outside the UK: you will need to contact the British Council at your country of residence to ask them if you can register for AQA exams. Ensure you inform them that you are a private-candidate i.e. a student studying through distance-learning. To find more information about the British Council click here then choose your country from the dropdown menu.
What Your Course Fees Doesn’t Cover
Course fees do NOT include examinations or arrangement fees which required to sit for your formal exams and are paid for either the examination centre whether it is Pearson-Edexcel Examination Approved Centre or the British Council in your country of residence.
Thank you and we wish you all the best of lu
Payment & Monthly Instalments
The Below Payment Option Applies Only to the UK Resident Only
For instalment plan, you may spread the course fee over 10 months with each payment equals to £45 with 0% interest. If this option suits you, you may submit your application for the course by clicking the green button below then after the submission set your direct debit payment plan through GOCARDLESS button below for the GCSE English Language course: